News Photos Forum Search Contact History Linkbox Calendar

View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Roffen
Kite-boarding

Veteran

Group: Regulars
Posted on 06-06-2007 21:20
I have been lookng into the sport of Kite-baording lately. I saw a program on Discovery about crazy stunts where one flew over a small island on a kite-board.
To distinguish the Kite-boards from paragliding, the kite-boarding is actually using the kite for speed, not for flying. Using the position of the kite, you can gain considerable air, but going flying would be difficult at best, darn out dangerous at worst!

I have been checking out a few danish and international sites and they do indeed have different opinions about a starting kite-boarder!

Anyways, to cut a long story short, I was thinking about taking a kite-boarding course, while in Denmark this summer... anyone else interested in joining ? It would be a bit boring doing this sport all alonesmiley I think the equipment will be about 5.000 DKK to start off with and another 2.000 DKK for the introductory course.

a youtube-link:

Vuzman
RE: Kite-boarding

Admiral

Group: Klikan, Outsiders, Administrator, Regulars
Posted on 06-06-2007 22:58
If I had 7K to blow on this I would join you. But there are just too many fun things to do, and they're all bloody expensive.

When I kill her, I'll have her
Die white girls, die white girls

http://flickr.com/photos/heini/ Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:
Back to front page