View Thread
Gongumenn | General | General Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Norlander
RE: Are you fucking kidding me?

Field Marshal

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 08-06-2007 11:03
Well that exchange sorta ended the discussion I think...

Let me quote yourself Torellion:

Torellion on May 11 2007 01:38:02
Seriously, dude
Take a deep breath, count to 10 or whatever, and chill the fuck down.

I must say I think Grizlas brings forth a perfectly fine point. You cannot dismiss any and all Christianity that does not adhere to the most absurd points of scripture.

You can find verses that pretty much counter any other in the bible and requiring any and all christians to only be counted as true Christians if they only recongnice say Ephesians 6:5 and not 1 Peter 3:8 is terribly biast IMO.

If you want to talk about what Christianity has done for good and bad in this world, then you need to look at the action undertaken by "people of faith" in the "name of the Lord". Yes Christians have done terrible things in the Lords name, but some sects within Christianity have also done much good. The Quakers in beinging the Abolitionism and Archbishop Tutu in ending Apartheid peacefully come to mind.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
- John Kenneth Galbraith

Edited by Norlander on 08-06-2007 11:05
Torellion

Regular

Group: Klikan
Posted on 08-06-2007 12:51
I was perfectly cool. I told Griz
I don't enjoy reading that, and I certainly won't enjoy writing something that long.

Meaning just that.
Apparently I need to clarify: If discusstions get too deep it is impractical to continue them on forums like this one. The posts will get too long and time consuming. It is better to continue them face to face. That is still my oppinion, disagree if you must.

Griz's reply
That's right. Stick your head in the sand. Guess I was wrong about you.
was offensive and

Still, now I know not to take you seriously again.
made me mad.

If that was his intention, then good job, he made it. So for future reference, don't expect me to 'chill' when reading personal remarks like that.

Grizlas

General

Group: Administrator, Klikan, Regulars, Outsiders
Posted on 08-06-2007 15:31
Well, in all fairness, I think I went over the line. But it was because he dismissed my arguments, not for being wrong - but for being too long!

Guess that hit a nerve. We have talked about it on skype and there are no hard feelings smiley

You want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jump to Forum:
Back to front page